„Im Angesicht der Riesenbienen“
- Im Angesicht der Riesenbienen
- 52 min
- Jérôme Segur (Frankreich)
- Alpine and foreign cultures
- When & Where
16. Nov. 2012 from 15:30 / Kammermusiksaal
Ticket Order >>
- Suspended from fragile ladders of woven bamboo, men risk their lives in search of the golden liquid valued since the dawn of human life: honey. But to reach the treasure, they must confront the giant bees. The wild bee of Nepal is the largest bee species in the world - its sting is potentially fatal. Only the bravest and toughest still face the challenge of gathering the wild honey. Moti will climb for the first time and will take us on three spectacular ascents. He will confront the dizzying void off the cliffs and the terrible daggers of the bees.
Kamera Alpin in Gold 2012
Minutes of the jury
This emotionally moving film allows its characters to speak in their own voices. It seems to be at the service of their stories which are about much more than honey. It is an achievement of the film that it closely shows a boy who chooses the sharp end of a traditional way of life. The pacing of the film beautifully emulates the pace of life here, respectfully committed to the commitment of the boy to his learning experience. We would like to compliment the unobtrusive camera work in this film.